Sunday, March 7, 2010

Out with the old

So I had been holding onto my old wedding dress. I call it old because I have been divorsed now at least four years. I have no idea why I have held onto it for as long as I have really. Since the best thing that could have happened was Adam getting the hell out of my life. When I moved last August I still kept it when all the rest of the wedding paraphanila went to the dump. Its not like I would EVER wear it again. People hold onto things for the strangest reasons. I couldnt tell you why I ever kept it. Divorse is final and should end everything that the marriage had stood for. Not like mine stood for anything really aparently. Anyways my friend Tab sent me an email about two months ago asking me if I still had it. I was like "Ya!" She was inquiring because a really good friend of her's is getting married and was in the market for a cheaper used dress. I sat at my desk and actually thought about keeping it. "What the hell for?" I have no idea why I even thought about it. I sent her a response email saying I was willing to part with it for $300.00 if her friend was interested. This weekend I parted with my OLD wedding dress to a very nice lady. I wish her all the best in her married life starting it off in my beautiful Old dress; Which on my wedding day made me feel like a princess. All the best to you Trish and Dave on your upcoming nuptials. I set you free wedding dress and its the last tie to you ex-husband so in this I will say.... Finally Good ridence!

No comments:

Post a Comment